Friday, June 23, 2006

First Blog

Okay, this is my first stab at a blog. What do I talk about? Hmm... I could talk about how the main stream media is ignoring the fact that WMD was found in Iraq. Or I could talk about how we need to get control of the borders. Or I could talk about marketing in the pen & paper role playing game industry is killing itself. Or I could talk about all the TV show I used to watch and why I don't watch them anymore. Or I could talk about sily personal stuff like how our cats seem to like me more then my wife for some strange reason. Or how I got my Sub-Woofer finally installed in the Hyundi (had to pull the entire dash!). Or I could talk about the new heresy that's been creeping into the church, that has no name as of yet, excpet to say that it's embracing works for salvation, only from a reformed perspective (scary). Or I could rant about how terrible translations KJV, NKJV, and NIV are. OR, I could be positive! But is "Positive" really all that fun to read and/or blog about??

3 comments:

Kurt N. said...

Ooh, a bible translation rant. What's your version of choice? NASB? ESV? NET? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Rod! Welcome to the world of Blogging! I've had 3 blogs now. And while there are things that irritate me about MySpace I have some regular readers there (not many but a few) and MySpace is easy to use, so I keep on using my blog there. You can read it at http://www.myspace.com/randomponderings

Hope you have fun with this!

-Sparkling
http://www.visionsgame.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Rodney LTNS!
Ah, yes - the infamous world of blogs. Heard much about them, but as a fellow 40-year old (well, as of next week) havent' done them until now :)

A couple of interesting points you bring up; my responses:
1) Terrible translations: Oh yeah, the KJV looks wonderful and sounds majestic, but what a flawed and disastrous translation it is! I think the problem is compounded by using the TR or 'Received text' in the first place - tons of scribe-added notes!
2) Heresy in the church: well, I don't know if it's heresy or not; those doctrinal fights have been around for well a couple of millenia; as long as the main orthodox doctrines are upheld, I kinda opt for the "paradox" perspective - the truths of God are often represented in Scripture as being either or; so I say they're BOTH! Kind of like CS Lewis' "scissors" example - faith and works are like the two blades of a pair of scissors, working in tandem - you can't have one without the other!

I'm also leaning away from the doctrine of an eternal, never ending tormenting hell for the lost, as well.

(I bet that'll get ya going ;)